Divorce Lawyers Bel Air, Maryland
Advocating for your interests in the divorce process from start to finish
At Schlaich & Thompson, Chartered, our divorce attorneys have 49 combined years of experience safeguarding clients in Bel Air through the divorce process with a practical and understanding approach. Whether you are ending a marriage, protecting assets, modifying an original divorce decree, seeking a prenuptial agreement or involved in paternity issues, we are here to help you.
As divorce lawyers, we tailor our services to meet the specific needs and challenges of your unique situation. We believe in educating clients about the legal issues and processes you face. We make sure you know what to expect during and after your divorce. Our goal is for you to make the best decisions for your situation and never lose sight of what is best for you and your children.
Two types of divorce in Maryland
Our divorce lawyers know that a divorce can have an emotional, financial and legal impact on you and your family. Divorce is never easy, and some cases are more complicated than others. In Maryland there are two types:
- No-fault divorce ― A couple may obtain a no-fault divorce if they have been separated for one year continuously and without interruption and with no expectation or hope of reconciliation.
- Fault divorce ― When a couple files for divorce on the grounds of fault, one or more of the following factors is usually cited:
- Cruel treatment of a spouse or a minor child
- Excessively vicious treatment of a spouse or a minor child
During the divorce process, we are ready to discuss and advocate for your interests in the following matters:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Alimony or spousal support
- Property division
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Modification actions
- Paternity actions
- Separation agreements
We possess the skill and experience necessary to protect your rights and advocate for your interests by negotiating favorable settlements. If it is necessary to obtain a positive resolution, we take your divorce & family law case to trial.
Experienced representation in your Maryland divorce
If you need assistance with a divorce or on your family law matters, call Schlaich & Thompson, Chartered in Bel Air at 443-371-3514 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.